Improve the foreign language learning and intercultural
competences of adults through e-learning
SEE THE PROJECT
N 2018-1-BE02 - KA204 - 046866
FOUR ELEMENTS is an initiative called for raising awareness and appreciation of the importance of culture and heritage. It also seeks to train educators working with adult learners who want to improve their skills and competences necessary in today’s EU labour market.
The project takes advantage of the potential of the common European cultural values associated to the four elements - earth, water, air and fire - to empower adults to improve their digital, foreign language, and intercultural competences.
The partners have developed innovative learning materials presented in culturally accessible E-books consisting of European legends and stories, adapted to learners with special needs, giving visibility to the underlying common EU values and principles:
- Interactive map: a collection of legends and stories related to earth, water, air and fire, from different EU countries
- Digital Books with national legends and stories related to the four elements
- Lesson plans based on the collected legends and stories
- Methodological recommendations for adult educators
- Database of teaching and learning resources
The project is coordinated by CVO EduKempen (Belgium). The partnership also includes DomSpain Consulting (Spain), The Central Library of Võru County (Estonia), Les Apprimeurs (France), Istituto dei Sordi di Torino (Italy), Slovenian Third Age University (Slovenia), MyArtist (Greece).